- Propose, pitch, sell, implement and prove success in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to review frameworks and design principles towards suitability in the project context.
- Review code for quality and implement best practices.
- Promote coding, testing and deployment of best practices through hands-on research and demonstration.
- Be a part of the Agile ceremonies to groom stories and develop defect-free code for these stories.
- Write testable code that enables extremely high levels of code coverage.
- Mentor young engineers towards guiding them to become great engineers.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Hands-on experience with SQL (Stored Procedure, Views, Indexing etc).
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools such as TFS, Git, SVN, and Mercurial.
- Strong experience and belief in writing clean/SOLID/DRY code and relentless refactoring.
- Experience with a continuous integration environment.
- Strong experience working with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC).
- Expertise in an agile and scrum environment, working in cross-functional teams and writing and estimating user stories.
- Should be able to write unit test cases.
- Accountable and Dependable – do whatever is needed to complete tasks, stories and sprints on time. Follow through every time.